HomeAbout UsMeet Our PastorsChurch HistoryMinistriesContact Us

Church History
Templo Elim was founded in the living room of Paulita Cabello in July of 1956.  With a hand full of people and a burning desire for a fresh move of God, they began a daunting journey.  This journey has not been easy, but surely the hand of God has always been upon Elim.

Our church has been blessed to have wonderful men of God who were obedient to His call and were willing to pastor this church and set down some necessary foundations.  Among these men whom we were honored with we find Rev. Jacinto Garcia, Rev. Encarnación Almaraz, Rev. Alejandro Vargas, Rev. Juan Trevino and Rev. Samuel P. Molina.  How precious are the feet of those who have come to share the good news of His gospel to help shape the future of our church.

Rev. Zeferino Cabello, Jr. greatly impacted the church with his charisma and his caring heart. Rev. T.H. Gonzalez took on the challenging task of building the much needed education building and new sanctuary.  He built thinking about tomorrow, always with an eye on the horizon, seeing how this would benefit the future of our church.  Thank God for those men who have impacted this city with their obedience to the call to serve.

In September of 2004, Rev. David Silva, Jr. became the pastor of Elim.  He along with his wife, Rev. Claudia A. Silva have pastored this beautiful congregation and in November of 2014 they dedicated a new sanctuary to seat 500 people. Thanks to the hard-working men of Elim this was made possible.  God is doing new and great things at Elim and we can truly say like the prophet Samuel, Ebenezer, "up to here the Lord has helped us" (1 Samuel 7:12).
Zeferino & Paulita Cabello